Thursday, August 7, 2008

IRC Logs August 7th

Agenda:
0) chat
1) 3.4 update questions
2) what is up
3) 1.1.0 prep
4) schemas
5) trunk

*KevinIPS* emily, why isn't SVN working in eclipse 3.4?
*KevinIPS* did i miss a software update?
*jgarnett* KevinIPS do you mean subversive for subclipse?
*KevinIPS* might be, does that need to be updated as well?
*Emily* I don't know
*Jesse_Eichar* woops
*Jesse_Eichar* sorry all
*Emily* I don't use subversive
*jgarnett* Most of us stopped using Subclipse / Subversive due to the performance hit
*KevinIPS* oh
*jgarnett* I used Subclipse last time
*Emily* my guess is that it needs to be updated
*jgarnett* question KevinIPS
*KevinIPS* i'll see if there are any
*KevinIPS* yes?
*jgarnett* did you install Subversive? Maybe you did not install it yet ...
*KevinIPS* well, i had it installed in my 3.3.2 eclipse
*jgarnett* mystery solved!
*KevinIPS* so...i would think it would still be there, since i basically just copied everything over from the new eclipse
*jgarnett* oh
*jgarnett* that may not work very well
*KevinIPS* lol
*jgarnett* eclipse 3.4 has that dropins folder right?
*KevinIPS* umm...yes
*jgarnett* why not get a fresh eclipse 3.4; and install subversive using the update site?
*KevinIPS* i have a fresh 3.4
*KevinIPS* don't let me hold up your meeting
*KevinIPS* i'll figure it out, just wanted to make sure i didn't miss anything off of the wiki since i can't get to it right now
*jgarnett* let us start an agenda...
*jgarnett* 0) chat
*Emily* I would suggest going to the update manager and updating to the latest version
*jgarnett* 1) 3.4 update questions
*KevinIPS* Okay Emily, i'll give it a go.
*jgarnett* Can I assume we have finished the 0) chat agenda item ...
*KevinIPS* is that my cue to stop bothering you? :-P
*jgarnett* nope
*jgarnett* but if you do have anything for the meeting let us know
*jgarnett* you were working on some folder group stuff right? this would be a good venue to talk about it
*KevinIPS* okay, well, since jesse is here it might be nice to talk about the schemas
*Jesse_Eichar* FYI I have only about 20 minutes
*jgarnett* I think since we are late we should probably get moving
*jgarnett* 2) what is up
*jgarnett* jgarnett - kickstarting a new udig project with Emily and gdavis
*Emily* I've added a tool and view that allows people to change colors in imagemoasic files
*jgarnett* emily can you remind me what plugin that ended up in?
*Emily* net.refractions.udig.render.gridcoverage.basic
*KevinIPS* I'm currently working on adding an ability to click and drag a schema to the layers view, project explorer view and the viewport and have it place all layers contained in that schema
*jgarnett* Jesse?
*Jesse_Eichar* I am getting uDig integrated with Sextante and SpatialDataIntegrator
*jgarnett* 3) 1.1.0 prep
*Jesse_Eichar* ... Pretty good response.
*jgarnett* I have been wrangling up press releases and testing the KO translation. I would like to see someone go through the walkthroughs again but I doubt there is time.
*Jesse_Eichar* DBF and Reshape fixes went over well
*Jesse_Eichar* I agree
*jgarnett* Jesse I did just commit some safety check code for tool menupaths (actually this was a bug I found when working with IPS).
*jgarnett* Yesterday was the first time I looked at 1.1.x in a while and found I had uncommitted work.
*Jesse_Eichar* ok
*jgarnett* Some new tutorial code has also been added.
*Jesse_Eichar* will take a look
*KevinIPS* jgarnett, do those updates show up in trunk as well?
*KevinIPS* or just udig 1.1.x?
*jgarnett* that is actually what I get to do next; or Jesse will kick me
*KevinIPS* haha]
*KevinIPS* *haha
*Jesse_Eichar* we should start making use of svnmerge.py
*jgarnett* the updates to the training materials will not show up in trunk until I run a training course in trunk :-)
*Jesse_Eichar* it looks handy for managing branches
*Jesse_Eichar* better than hoping we got everything like we do now
*Jesse_Eichar* (but that's off topic)
*Jesse_Eichar* lets go on
*Jesse_Eichar* 4)?
*Jesse_Eichar* 4) schemas
*KevinIPS* did they net split?
*KevinIPS* anyway, basically, you saw what i said i was working on
*KevinIPS* I'm just trying to understand how schemas are being dealt with now
*KevinIPS* are they being saved as PostgisDatabaseStores?
*KevinIPS* or just as folders from the PostgisSchemaFolders class?
*KevinIPS* and, what needs to be modified/added in order to place all layers contained in some schema onto the viewport, layers view, or project explorer view
*jgarnett* I think Schemas are just entries in the catalog; it looks like they have a PostgisDataStore inside.
*KevinIPS* yeah DataStore...sry used the wrong term
*jgarnett* I don't think anything needs to be added to pop up the "add layers" dialog when you DnD a Schema
*jgarnett* I think you may of just found a bug.
*KevinIPS* oh
*KevinIPS* yeah, it definitely doesn't do anything
*jgarnett* My understanding is the DnD code should go through the IResolve handle (in this case the schema) and ask the user which ones to add.
*jgarnett* Perhaps you could trace through what happens with a WMS "folder"
*KevinIPS* the Schema is implemented as an IResolveFolder
*jgarnett* and compare with what happens to a schema.
*KevinIPS* well, schemafolder
*jgarnett* I have not reviewed this section of the code; Jesse please advise.
*Jesse_Eichar* I think you are more or less correct jody
*Jesse_Eichar* A PostGisService
*Jesse_Eichar* has a bunch of folders with in
*Jesse_Eichar* They may currently be reponsible for the Datastore of the schema now...
*Jesse_Eichar* then the leaves have the FeatureSource (same as 1.1)
*Jesse_Eichar* for drag and drop...
*Jesse_Eichar* I think there is a bug where you get the entire service
*JonathanIPS* is there currently anything that can be DnD as a group?
*Jesse_Eichar* rather than just the subtree
*Jesse_Eichar* or the IGeoResource if you DND a IGeoResource
*Jesse_Eichar* It is an issue that eventually needs to be fixed
*KevinIPS* so it is in fact a bug?
*KevinIPS* and the implementation is already there?
*Jesse_Eichar* not so much a bug as an issue ;)
*Jesse_Eichar* that some might not like
*KevinIPS* haha, okay
*Jesse_Eichar* but it is not a hard fix.
*Jesse_Eichar* But was enough work that I didn't have time to do it.
*Jesse_Eichar* 5 minutes left anything critical to ask me?
*jgarnett* My expectation is that the Add Resource dialog shows up with the schema selected? It sounds like the IPS guys really want the group of layers to be selected.
*Jesse_Eichar* That is a very easy fix
*JonathanIPS* is there currently anything that can be DnD as a group?
*KevinIPS* well, with a little explanation and assistance getting started on the fix, JonathanIPS and I will work on it and figure it out. We just need to have an idea or an inkling of an idea as to where to look. What plugin? What package? Maybe what class?
*Jesse_Eichar* No
*Jesse_Eichar* If it is more than 1 item being DND the user is queried: (Are you sure?...)
*KevinIPS* hmm...not in trunk
*Jesse_Eichar* I had it do the DND and after dropping 100 layers a few times I took it away
*Jesse_Eichar* By Item I mean IGeoResource
*KevinIPS* ah okay
*Jesse_Eichar* If it will result in more than 1 layer
*Jesse_Eichar* (there are some hacks put in for files)
*Jesse_Eichar* but they are just hacks
*KevinIPS* contained in any IGeoResource?
*KevinIPS* so not actually selecting multiple layers with control click or something
*Jesse_Eichar* RIght now 1 layer at a time or the dialog pops up. (from what I remember)
*Jesse_Eichar* You can add a DropAction though if you'd like
*Jesse_Eichar* That is activated when a certain key is help down.
*KevinIPS* yeah...well, when i highlight several shapefiles (layers) from our PostGIS database in the catalog, it doesn't prompt me
*Jesse_Eichar* that's a bug
*Jesse_Eichar* it should
*Jesse_Eichar* I did most of the work on 1.1 and blindly merged to trunk
*KevinIPS* so i should take a look at 1.1?
*Jesse_Eichar* No the bug is probably with Postgis on trunk
*KevinIPS* to begin developing a fix for trunk?
*Jesse_Eichar* It is flat on 1.1
*KevinIPS* oh
*Jesse_Eichar* Hmm think I may know the problem
*Jesse_Eichar* \there probably isn't a drop action that activates for IFolder objects
*KevinIPS* Well, like I said, we'll gladly do the work if you don't have time to
*Jesse_Eichar* cool.
*KevinIPS* ah...i'll take a look at the manifest
*Jesse_Eichar* Take a look at Drop action extension point
*KevinIPS* in what project specifically?
*Jesse_Eichar* I will try to look up the DropAction that handles IGeoResource.
*Jesse_Eichar* project.ui
*KevinIPS* okay
*Jesse_Eichar* there are a few. It happens to be the most complex (
*Jesse_Eichar* But was made before IFolders.
*KevinIPS* haha a few extensions?
*Jesse_Eichar* :)
*KevinIPS* and by a few you mean, like 25+?
*KevinIPS* hahaha
*Jesse_Eichar* ok I'm sorry I have to run.
*Jesse_Eichar* Send a email if you have questions and I'll answer tomorrow.
*KevinIPS* no problem, thanks for the running start on where to look
*Jesse_Eichar* I'll also try to be better about answering on this IRC
*Jesse_Eichar* Its been a crazy month
*Jesse_Eichar* see you all...
*KevinIPS* take care
*jgarnett* okay anything else for the meeting
trunk”
*jgarnett* 5) trunk
*jgarnett* a few updates on trunk
*jgarnett* I have confirmed the JRE uploaded is capable of displaying MRSID files. I may need to withdraw it and remove ECW support (an email fairy told me I don't have the rights to distribute ECW support).
*jgarnett* I will be committing a Draw2DRenderer today; and it sounds like we should make a work part to compare 1.1.x to trunk module by module.
*jgarnett* okay I will post the logs.

No comments: